Welcome to my blog for my trip to South Africa!

Follow me again to the southern hemisphere; this time to South Africa for a Jan Term study abroad with Whitworth University (January 2-30, 2010). Please feel free to comment on my posts or contact me via email (llichten10@my.whitworth.edu) concerning my blogging.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have a minute!

We're in town on a lunch break, in the middle of our volunteer work service day, and I figured I would take the opportunity to write a quick little hello again. I am working at an orphanage, called Bethany House, where I have been changing diapers and feeding babies all morning! It's time to get myself some food now, before going back and playing with some of the toddlers.

It rained again yesterday! Thunder and lightning for hours last night. It seems that we are really blessing Africa with our Pacific Northwest presence here, haha! While yesterday was around 97 degrees, today is MUCH cooler- about 76-77- which means I can wear pants!

Well, I'm gonna go get some food now. Not really an update of substantial information, but I figured some of you would be interested in some sort of word.

No comments:

Post a Comment